Thursday 25 October 2018

"Smart" coating repels everything – except what you want

Blood rolls off the repellent surface at left, but clings to an untreated surface at right

We've already seen lubricant-infused coatings that repel virtually all substances – such coatings could be used to keep airplane wings ice-free, or to stop bacteria from accumulating in kitchens. However, what if you want to repel all substances except one? Well, Canadian scientists have now got that covered.

.. Continue Reading "Smart" coating repels everything – except what you want

Category: Materials

Tags:

from New Atlas (Gizmag) https://ift.tt/2qc6wXO

2 comments:

  1. I have read your articles many times and I am always inspired by your tips and knowledge. Thank you for sharing. I would love to see more updates from you.

    Elcometer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great post. I just unearthed your online journal and needed to say that I have truly delighted in perusing your blog entries. Any way I'll be subscribing to your food and I trust you post again soon. Huge much obliged for the valuable data. www.scootersleuth.com

    ReplyDelete